Monday, September 8, 2014

First Day of Classes

Aloha!

Classes started today! I was really excited to finally start classes and meet even more new people. Don't get me wrong, I love the friends I have now. I just love meeting new people too :) So at 5:30 am I woke up right before my alarm went off because my jogging class started at 6 (Yeah I know 6am is a little early for any class--jogging class especially). I had been telling myself ever since I got my schedule all figured out that I was going to defy everyone who told me I wouldn't be able to do it. Yet, as I woke up for class I realized that me and that 6am jogging class were most definitely not meant to be. So, after I hit snooze on my alarm, I reached over and grabbed my computer and dropped my class and promptly went back to bed.
My Political Science class ended up being cancelled for the day so I had a nice long break in between when I woke up and when my psychology class started. My psychology class seems like it's going to be very interesting this semester. My professor is older and has a ton of experience underneath his belt when it comes to psychology. He was a neuropsychologist I think; basically he studied the human brain A LOT. He seems really passionate about his work and he really loves Hawaii which is awesome. He said he's taught at all the BYU schools and Hawaii was by far his favorite school to teach at. The best part about my psychology class is that there is no final! And all his tests are open notes!
After psychology I went to the Human Resources office to find a job at the PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center). 98% of students here at BYU-H work so it's super common to have a job. I felt like I needed one so I don't slack off and so I will be forced to set aside time for homework and time for play. It's funny, when I say I applied for a job at the PCC the main reaction is "...but...you're white...?" Yes, it's true, I am white. While I can't apply to be a dancer in their night shows, I can apply to be a take part in their behind the scenes work. So, as a setter, I would set the tables up, roll the silverware in the napkins up, set up the food, and help decorate for the Island Buffet. It is a super simple and easy job that works perfectly with my schedule so I really hope I can get it :) Plus it'll be nice to have a little bit of inflow of money.
After that me and my 2 roommates along with 2 other girls in our Hale set out for the beach to celebrate our completion of our first day of classes. (I know! How awesome is that?! I get to go to the beach whenever I want). We walked to the PCC so Kailia (one of my roommates) could drop off her application to be a greeter. Turns out we were a long ways away from our desired beach. So we trekked on over to Temple Beach. It's called Temple Beach because it's literally directly down the road from the temple. It was a cute, quiet beach and you could tell students visit it frequently. The water was absolutely refreshing and the sand was so soft. It was an amazing way to end a great day.

♡, 
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment