Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Good News!

Aloha!

Guess what!? I got a job!! Remember that setter job I mentioned in my last post? The one where we set the tables and the food and decorations up before the island buffet opens at the PCC? Well they want to hire me! I'm super stoked because it is seriously the perfect hours! It's 1-4:45 pm, about 19 hours a week which still leaves me the rest of the day to play and do homework and whatnot. It's seriously the best job I could ask for. Now I'll be able to invest in a rain jacket when the rainy season comes in November :) And I'll be able to buy some trinkets to bring home to mi familia and friends. I'm so excited to have a job because it'll also get me to procrastinate less. Also the PCC is way cool.
I have found that even if you don't know someone, it's totally normal for them to say hi to you. For example, I was walking back to the dorms from my Political Science class and this guy yelled "Aloha!" to me and came up to shake my hand. He introduced himself and asked me about my major and how long I've been at BYUH. He then told me about how he loves it here and then continued on with his day. It was the sweetest thing ever. I didn't think much of it until a little later when it hit me that it's become normal to me for a complete stranger to go out of their way to say hi and introduce themselves. Even if they're an upperclassmen. It's the coolest thing. Later, I was walking to the PCC HR office to check to see if I got the job and some guy waved and said hi (Okay maybe that time I had actually previously met him somewhere, but I'm still not exactly sure. If I did I certainly do not remember him and I apologize).
I love Hawai'i and it's diversity so much! I am so excited to be able to be surrounded by it everyday and now at work too!

♡,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment